Here is the shortlich of our recommendation - please don't hesitate to ask for more recommendations
1.Use a qualified and licensed real estate agency with a Government License number (AMI Nº)
2. Hire a Portuguese Civil Engineer or Chartered Surbeyor to do a survey of the property
3. Obtain a Portuguese tax number (numero de contribuinte)
4. Get a Portuguese bank account before signing the promissory contract (Contrato Promessa)
5. Appoint a specialized Portuguese lawyer or 'Solicitor' to do this legal- and 'Due Dilligence' work
6. Do not hesitate to ask the lawyer or 'Solicitor' to explain to you how the property law works in Portugal